SPOTLIGHT • 189 new instances of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 had been introduced by the Ministry of Public Well being of Thailand bringing the overall variety of instances so far to 23,746.
• Of those, 77.three% (18,366) have recovered, zero.three% (79) have died, and 22.three% (5,301) are receiving therapy or are in isolation.
No new deaths had been reported right now.
• Of 5,301 instances who’re receiving therapy, 2,589 are in standard hospitals and a couple of,712 are in discipline hospitals.
• The 189 laboratory-confirmed instances reported right now embody
10 people who arrived lately in Thailand and had been recognized in quarantine amenities.
123 instances detected by the routine surveillance system linked to occupational threat, visiting crowded locations or contact with confirmed instances in Bangkok (9), Samut Songkhram (2), Phetchaburi (three) and Samut Sakhon (109). Of those, 79 are migrant staff, 43 are Thai nationals and one (1) unknown nationality.
56 instances together with migrant staff (27) and Thai nationals (29) recognized by lively case discovering, in Nonthaburi (2), Samut Sakhon (50) and Samut Songkhram (four). This brings the cumulative complete on this group to 13,439 instances.
• Of 179 instances acquired in Thailand, 89% had been detected in Samut Sakhon, 5% in Bangkok and 6% in different provinces.
• Throughout the brand new wave (between 15th December 2020 and ninth February 2021), 19,509 confirmed instances have been reported, of which 5,283 had been detected by the routine surveillance system, 13,439 had been detected by lively case discovering and 787 had been in people who entered Thailand from different international locations. At current, 14,426 have recovered, 5,zero64 are receiving therapy, and 19 have died.
• COVID-19 instances acquired in Thailand within the new wave have been reported in 63 provinces.
• The 11 provinces reporting greater than 50 cumulative instances within the new wave are Samut Sakhon (15,054), Bangkok (872),
Chonburi (649), Rayong (580), Samut Prakan (361), Chanthaburi (221), Nonthaburi (168), Ang Thong (113), Pathum Thani (91), Nakhon Pathom (79), and Samut Songkhram (64).